I find that nifty jewelry holders are actually a crafty way to limit your hoarding tendencies when it comes to shiny things. They also make for functional home decor if you find the right aesthetic.
Take this little jewelry tree. If your baubles make the tree fall, you know you’ve got way too many. On the other hand, they would be good way to make use of your fancy jewelry (keep your precious ones in velvet-lined boxes in drawers, please) you no longer use as table top accents.
DIY Jewelry Holder
Small sturdy branch
Small varnish brush
1. Pick a branch you think is best for your needs, preferably with a lot of limbs.
2. Clean your branch and smoothen it with sandpaper.
3. Wipe clean and make sure no wood dust is left on the branch.
4. Brush your entire branch with varnish. You can use a clear one or a darker shade, depending on what you like.
5. Leave the branch to dry completely
Fill your vase with balled up old newspapers or scrap papers, enough to support your branch.
6. Once dry, stick the branch into the middle of the vase. Add more paper if needed.
7. Hang your necklaces, bracelets and dangling earrings.