Snacks are crucial when you’re always in your office cubicle. Sometimes you’re too busy to stand up and buy lunch outside. Plus, you need to watch out as you may just find yourself ordering fast food for a quick fix. (At least I do, but I can’t say no to fries. Sigh.)
Instead of going for the usual greasy cheeseburger, blogger Jenni Epperson has a healthy solution. She made a healthy hamburger for her son Dylan’s lunch box. This inspired us to make it for our own office lunches, or to serve at home during family gatherings. Want to know how easy it is to make? Then read the recipe below.
Lean ground beef (You can go for grass-fed beef)
1. Defrost the ground beef.
2. Wash the carrots and shred them.
3. Chop onions.
4. Mix the ingredients in a bowl.
5. Add Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
6. Roll the patties into a ball and fry them in a pan. For a healthier alternative, you can also bake them in an oven.
7. Place them in hamburger buns and serve.
Photo courtesy of Jenni Epperson’s Instagram account
Follow Preen on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Viber