Let’s take a break from the kilig and focus on Lara Jean Song Covey’s fashion on To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. Her style was simple yet playful, many noting that it was inspired by K-pop fashion—fitting since Lara Jean is half-Korean. She’s also referenced in the film that she’s into vintage pieces.
Can’t get over her style and want to recreate it? We’ve listed down some items that’ll help you get started. (Getting your own Peter Kavinsky or Josh Sanderson is optional.)
Saying good-bye to Margaux
Our graphic artist jokingly said, “Lara Jean was just dropping her sister off but she looked so stylish.” She wore a multicolored sweater and a denim mini skirt. It’s a laidback look that wasn’t lazy because, TBH, I’d wear PJs if I was her.
1. MSGM Striped Wool-Blend Turtleneck Sweater. Available on Net-a-Porter. 2. Topshop Dark Denim Skirt. Available at Glorietta 2.
Chill first day of school look
When Lara Jean entered school, her ex-BFF Genevieve poked fun at her vintage heeled boots. But if you ask us, she’s a hero for spending the whole day and walking all over school in heels—so props to LJ! Apart from that, she had on a dark green plaid flannel top (which she tied at the bottom), high-waisted beige shorts, and paired her boots with knee socks.
3. H&M Fine-Knit Over-the-Knee Socks. Available at SM Makati. 4. Bershka Mid-heel platform ankle boots. Available at SM Aura Premier. 5. Chase Fashion Plaid Flannel Shirt. Available on Zalora PH. 6. J. Crew Women’s 7″ Stretch Chino Short. Available online.
Just getting a soda
Nothing like a soda to get through a stressful ordeal, especially after finding out that your secret love letters were sent. The scene where Peter confronted Lara Jean about the letter and sudden kiss is one of my favorites, mostly because I could relate with how awkward she was in front of her former crush.
7. Pull & Bear Round Neck Chenille Sweater. Available at SM Megamall. 8. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Stone Wash in Enamel Red. Available at Shangri-La Plaza. 9. Miss Selfridges Red Button Skirt. Available at Greenbelt 5.
For their first “date” as a fake couple, Lara Jean and Peter went to a high school party. Lara Jean didn’t go for a revealing outfit, but her collar dress a la Wednesday Addams was still cute. She also added a few inches to her height by wearing platform slip-ons. (Which, like her heeled boots, she wears a lot throughout the movie.)
the sixth letter that Lara Jean sent out in 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' was to Subway (Eat Fresh™) pic.twitter.com/nCDfZ3zCmR
— Dyl Advised (@ThatsSoDylan) August 22, 2018
Lara Jean’s black top with white ribbons in front can be paired with any pair of jeans. She gave her feminine shirt a rugged touch by wearing a dark brown bomber jacket and vintage combat boots. It’s a comfy ensemble if you want to sit under the bleachers to eat Subway sandwiches, too.
12. Zipper Leather Bomber Jacket. Available at Power Plant Mall. 13. Valentino Bow-Detail Long Sleeve Blouse. Available on Farfetch. 14. Dr. Martens Vintage 1460. Available at 30th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
Warming up for winter
#TATBILB i know 16 candles is the go to in this movie, but look at the pretty in pink looks they’re serving. lara jean in her pink coat, lucas doing the low key spader, chris a subtle duckie look pic.twitter.com/r0BMbnRG2a
— team pirate angel (@quieropastel) August 19, 2018
During the last few scenes of the film, Lara Jean wore a pink trench coat since it happened in December and some time in January. When she confronted Genevieve in the girls’ bathroom, she had on a white sweater, a black mini-skirt, and mustard yellow knee socks with her platform slip-ons. Guess this is proof that you can pair anything with a vibrant coat.
15. Ribbed Long Sleeve Semi-Turtleneck Sweater. Available at Glorietta 2. 16. H&M Trenchcoat in Vintage Pink. Available at Greenbelt 4. 17. Checked Pleated Skirt. Available at TriNoma Mall. 18. Forever 21 Over-the-Knee Socks in Mustard. Available at SM Mall of Asia.
Art by Marian Hukom
Photos courtesy of Netflix Philippines
For the latest in culture, fashion, beauty, and celebrities, subscribe to our weekly newsletter here
People are swooning over Peter Kavinsky in To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
Watch these shows and films if you’re still not over Noah Centineo
We’re taking fashion tips from Sandara Park and Nam Joo Hyuk
Take style notes from Goblin star Kim Go-Eun