Ever since she got engaged last year, Iza Calzado has been cooking a lot and adding the hashtag #BecomingMrsWintle on her posts. It seems as though she’s trying out various recipes that she and her soon-to-be husband Ben Wintle can enjoy. In a recent Instagram Stories post, she shares that cooking makes her feel “accomplished and empowered.”
Luckily for us, Iza shared a couple quick recipes that you can make for appetizers or light meals on any day. We’ve listed them down below for you to try out this weekend.
Paleo Spiced Nuts
2/3 cup almonds
2/3 cup cashews
2/3 cup walnuts
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place the nuts in a skillet. Toast them over medium heat until they’re light brown.
2. Combine the cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
3. Coat the nuts in melted butter and the spice mixture.
4. Serve and enjoy while watching a movie at home.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 bell peppers, tops sliced
1/2 lbs ground beef
1/2 lbs ground pork
1/4 cup kale, finely chopped
3 cups squash, chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1. Chop the tops of the bell peppers and scoop out the membranes inside.
2. Prepare the meat and veggie stuffing in a pan.
3. Once the meat gets brown, put the stuffing inside each bell pepper.
4. Bake them inside the oven until they’re fully cooked.