Lip balm is an indispensible necessity in any beauty routine. Even if you’re not into makeup, lip balm serves a functional purpose. From windburned lips to dehydrated puckers, the product is a life-saver. It’s because of this, there are so many different varieties out there in the market. Some work better than others, depending on your skin conditions. Others have tints and stains if you don’t want to bother with lipstick but still want to color to your lips.
Confused? In need of something that is tailored to you? Why not make your own?
Fashionista reports on how vlogger Aja Dang shares her all-natural DIY lip balm recipe. It’s simple as it takes one quick trip to the grocery (or a few clicks online) to make it. Plus you can change up the recipe according to your needs. In no time, you might even make enough for your friends.
DIY Lip Balm
Beeswax: You can get a bar for just P225 online at Milea.
Almond or Olive Oil
Essential Oil: You can go to Healthy Options for this and look for the brand Aura Cacia. They have different variants from sweet orange, lemon, and ylang ylang.
1. Grate the beeswax. You just need two tablespoons full.
2. Add in two tablespoons of coconut oil and two teaspoons of almond or olive oil to your beeswax in a heat resistant glass bowl.
3. Place the glass bowl on top of a sauce pan filled with water just before it touches the bottom of the glass bowl. Turn the heat on to medium to melt the ingredients into a smooth, homogeneous liquid. Mix the ingredients constantly to avoid lumps. This will just be around five to 10 minutes
4. Remove the bowl from the heat. Add in 10 drops of your essential oil. At this point you can add some food coloring if you want some tint to your balm. If you do, mix the color in so it is evenly distributed.
5. Pour into your chosen beauty container. You can opt for the traveling beauty container found on SephoraPH.
6. Close your container and place it in the fridge. Your personalized, DIY lip balm will be set in 20 minutes.