As the name suggests, it’s basically a healthier version of the popular ice cream dessert. You can top it with anything from fruits to crunchy granola. If you’re someone who always buys froyo, this is your chance to make your own yogurt-based breakfast or dessert at home. Here are some recipes that you can try anytime.
This is a classic yogurt parfait made sweeter with mixed berries. The fun part? You can use any berry you want, or just use all the kinds you can find!
3 cups non-fat yogurt
1 cup fresh strawberries
1 pint fresh blackberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries
1 cup granola
1. Put 1/3 cup of the yogurt on the bottom.
2. Add the berries and granola on top.
3. Layer it again with yogurt.
4. Repeat the process until the glass is filled.
5. Eat it as is or mix to incorporate all the ingredients.
Better than pancakes
It’s saying a lot when something is better than pancakes. But this yogurt parfait is easier to make and almost has the same elements as a stack of pancakes.
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
3/4 cup granola or banana bread granola
1 sliced banana
1 to 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Add yogurt on the bottom.
2. Top it with a few slices of bananas, granola, and maple syrup.
3. Repeat process until glass is filled.
4. Drizzle more maple syrup or add more granola on top as preferred.
Choco lovers’ favorite
Of course, there’s something for people who have a sweet tooth. Instead of a plain yogurt, you’ll create your own flavored yogurt with the help of chocolate powder.
4 cups Greek yogurt
1/2 cup chocolate milk mix
2 cups assorted fresh fruit
4 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Mix the chocolate milk mix with the yogurt. You can add more or less depending on how sweet you want it.
2. Put the first layer of chocolate yogurt on the bottom.
3. Place fruits and chocolate chips on top.
4. Repeat layering process until glass is filled.
5. Add a dollop of yogurt on top and sprinkle more chocolate chips if desired.
Crunchy and tart
My personal favorite way of eating yogurt parfait is with honey and granola. It’s a good combination of sweet, tart, and crunchy that you won’t get enough of!
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 sliced banana
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup granola
1 cup mixed berries
1. Layer the yogurt and bananas until the glass is filled.
2. Top it with a few slices of banana, berries, and a drizzle of honey.
3. An alternate way of making this is to put the honey on the bottom, then the yogurt, and top it with granola and bananas.
Stand back, Starbucks’ pumpkin spice latte. This yogurt parfait is about to take your place. This is also an excuse for anyone to eat pumpkin spice anything even though autumn is a few seasons away.
2 cups vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3/4 cup crushed graham crackers and/or oats
1. Combine the pumpkin puree and one cup of yogurt in one bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the pumpkin pie spice with another cup of yogurt.
3. Assemble the glass by putting the spiced yogurt first, then crushed graham crackers and the pumpkin yogurt.
4. Top it with more spiced yogurt and crushed graham crackers.